Saturday, April 10, 2010

Jost Van Dyke

The famous Foxy of Jost Van Dyke, BVI. He and his place have been famous here since the 60's. Foxy regaled us with jokes and stories about visits from Eric Clapton, Kenny Chesney, and Keith Richards. He asked where we came from, and when we told him we had sailed down from Olympia, he said he had been through the Ballard Locks and the Panama Canal and that the was the best way to get to Jost Van Dyke!





Foxy's Emporium. He did have live music there at lunch and dinner and it was excellent.



And, I mentioned last year that blogspot limits the number of picture that can be loaded without hysteria. That number seems to be 4. I had two more pictures of this lovely island, which I just somehow deleted, so I'll spare you. But, one of them showed the cacti that adorns all these islands. Was I the only person who did not realize that cacti grew throughout these islands?

1 comment:

Fran said...

My friend also went to Foxy's and talked about a drink that (I think) was called a "Bushwacker"? Did you try one of those? Joel's brother Dennis made us the "Painkillers" you talked about last time we were in Phoenix. YUM!